Any biological living specimens I can have>

Morning all,

I was wondering if anyone had any biological living specimens (such as stick insects, cultures for fermented drinks e.g. Kefir grains etc) that they could supply to my school?

I will happily pay for postage out of my own pocket (this school is skint and I don't even have a button for some parts of my computer!).

I am looking for specimens which can be a great addition to parts of the curriculum and science club.

It might be a long shot but I thought it would be worth asking.

Many thanks,

Samuel

WE got a couple of specimen pupils you can have for free, might offer them on the dissection thread too, will even send them post free. ;) ;)

karen b

COMMITTEE
Whereabouts are you based? Our giant African Snails regularly lay eggs, but I wouldn't want to just pop some in the post. Happy to try and arrange a handover of some sort

Whereabouts are you based? Our giant African Snails regularly lay eggs, but I wouldn't want to just pop some in the post. Happy to try and arrange a handover of some sort
Watford. Could the snail eggs survive if their within a container within a container and wrapped up nicely?

What do you use these specimens for in your school?

Watford. Could the snail eggs survive if their within a container within a container and wrapped up nicely?

What do you use these specimens for in your school?
I've bred GALSs in the past, they're pretty hardy and the young snails ship fine in a disposable Tupperware with holes in and a bit of j-cloth to cushion it. I'd also ship with an apple slice for food/water for their comfort though they'd survive without.
I'd hatch the eggs first though; they tend to be fragile in low temperatures and may not be fertile anyway in which case you're wasting your postage.