Ammeters, Volt Meters and Multimeters

Nick Mitchener

COMMITTEE
We use voltmeters and ammeters, I have multimeters but they never use them.
That's presumably for decay. We are supposed to use capacitance meters to compare capcitors in parallel and series. Though we could get them to work out the solution by calculating the capacitance total value from the decay curve that isn't the requirement, and would take them too long.

We use multimeters for decay too, as they choose the resistor value and the currents can be too small for the usual meters.

That's presumably for decay. We are supposed to use capacitance meters to compare capcitors in parallel and series. Though we could get them to work out the solution by calculating the capacitance total value from the decay curve that isn't the requirement, and would take them too long.

We use multimeters for decay too, as they choose the resistor value and the currents can be too small for the usual meters.
AQA charging and discharging.

they charge and discharge a capacitor through a resistor, they don't do them in series or parellel.

I’ve all three of them. Usually provide ammeter and voltmeter when they first learn about how to measure amp/volt so they know how to connect them (also as request by the textbook).

I’m using a similar model of multimeter from PH: https://www.philipharris.co.uk/prod...-electronic-multimeter,-pocket-sized/b8l16652

I’m still not sure how students manage to blow out a fused autorangeing multimeter, when the experiment maximum voltage is under 12V. I used to check all multimeters every time before experiment.