Am I the only one..?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jaytee, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Who cannot stand the programme Gavin & Stacey?o_O
    Surely I can't be?!

2. karen b

karen b COMMITTEE

I have watched one or two episodes on sufferance - mother in law loves it! I sat reading the paper when it was on at Christmas.

3. OI! I loves it, it's lush (and Barry is only about 10 miles away so I hear the accent all the time).

Emily Ellis likes this.
  4. Hallelujah!

5. Please don't use the 'L' word! Makes me cringe:eek::(

6. MAY be marginally better without the 2 main characters:p:D

7. Dod

Dod

What I'm have seen of it = total rubbish so avoid it like the plague. ditto for deadenders. :mad:

8. Never seen it and don't plan on seeing it

Jaytee likes this.
  9. LOL, WOOHOO! I KNEW I would find like minded sensible people on here.
    One of our past techs was far from being macho patriarch, banned Deadenders from his house.

10. I watched the episode that was on at Christmas and thought it was rubbish. Its the first time I've ever watched it and I won't be watching it again.

Jaytee likes this.
  11. Seen bits of it in the past, can't stand it. Don't understand all the hype at the moment.

Jaytee likes this.
  12. Not in the slightest
    Can't stand James Corden either, think he's one of the most overrated sod's ever to waste air - frick knows what the yanks see in him but hopefully that Cats abomination will kill his career as badly as it died at the box office

Womble likes this.
  13. :p:D
    Same here!

Womble likes this.
  14. This is making me happy :rolleyes:

15. Oh that's the other reason I don't watch it.

16. karen b

karen b COMMITTEE

never even heard of deadenders.

Please tell me some of you are Only Connect fans

clairelucas and Jaytee like this.
  17. Wife can't stand James Corden either - can't understand 'what's occurring' with him but we both binge watched the first 2 series before watching the Christmas special and have been converted - 'Oh...... it's tidy'

18. Never miss an episode of Only Connect

Also think that deadenders is a nickname for that depressing Lahndahhn "soap" on BBC One?

karen b and Jaytee like this.
  19. Nope you're not. Absolute tripe. Rob Brydon should be ashamed of himself!

Jaytee likes this.
  20. With some of these negative comments I feel like I'm reading through the comment section of a facebook post lol.

Change of tone, what shows DID you all enjoy over the Christmas break?

My top three were:

1 - Doctor Who (I'm the biggest whovian and this series has started with a bang! <3 )

2 - Worzel Gummidge (Fantastic reinvention of the classic series, with a fun twist on eco related issues and I would love to see it turned into a full series.)

3 - Dracula (Absolutely bizarre but a brilliant remix of the classic Dracula story with loads of awesome twists. )

Shannon and R Pipette like this.